Sunday, February 05, 2006

Shvantz Of The Week

This week's award goes to Michael L. Brown. Michael Brown is a traitor to his people. He was born a Jew, but converted to christianity as a teenager after a bout with drug addiction. It was not enough for Brown to insult his heritage by converting to the faith that has tortured the Jews like no other, he has also dedicated his life to convincing other Jews to follow in his twisted footsteps. He has written a series of three books with the title "Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus". These books are written solely to confuse the uneducated Jew. Any Jew who understands his history and tradition will find these books to be a cruel joke.
What's worse is that he has also written a book called "Our Hands Are Stained With Blood". This book is supposed to show with brutal honesty the unrivaled bloodshed and humiliation that the Jews suffered at the hands of the Christians. Even the Jewish reviewers said as much. I however, was very deeply disappointed after reading this book. It is nothing but excuses and moral distortion. There is no admission of guilt, and no attribution of cruelty to christian dogma, or to christians themselves ("real christians would never act this way").
I would ask christians in general , and Michael L. Brown in particular, to remember the words of the new testament - your bible. It says you can tell the quality of a tree by the fruit that it bears. The tree of christianity has borne rotten fruit for centuries, don't you think that it's time for some real soul-searching?

11 comments:

Stacey said...

..."real christians would never act this way".

I get SO SICK of hearing this excuse made for the Crusades, the Inquisiton, etc. I have heard it ad infinitum and it rings hollow to me.

It pains me to learn of Jews who have gone the way of Michael Brown.

In my local paper (here in TX) there was an "Ask the Rabbi" segment a few days ago (actually it was a paid advertisement from one of the messianic churches). I wish I would have clipped it out. It was such bunk. It was a bunch of spin to try and say the only way a Jew will feel completed is to find salvation with Jesus. It infuriates me because the general population of locals here will read this and think it's a real rabbi saying this.

It really boils my blood.

Stacey said...

P.S. Your last paragraph was brilliant!

The Jewish Freak said...

>It really boils my blood

Spoken like a fine Jew - it should boil your blood.

The Atheologist said...

When will mankind stop all this childlike nonsense and realize that religion is the cause of most of the problem in the world today. Anything that divides people cannot be considered a good thing. What’s worse is that all religions are based on superstitious nonsense and mythology. Read this and wake up!

The Jewish Freak said...

Atheologist: Great comment and very good point, which I agree with for the most part. Thanks also for that very interesting link.
You have inspired my next post, in which I will explore this topic.

Baconeater said...

I'm going to give this Brown guy the benefit of the doubt and think that he must of fallen for a hot shicksa Fundy.
Hot girls can make guys do just about everything. And if he already accepted the invisible man in the sky story, accepting Jesus isn't that big a step.
If his excuse wasn't a hot chick, then he is just a pure idiot.

Stacey said...

Interesting comments and link by the Atheologist.

I believe that religion is humanity's attempt to explain the world and offer some security as well

Yes, I tend to agree. I eagerly await your next post, JF.

And BaconEatingAtheistJew:
There is a former Orthodox Jew named Peter Hirsch who fell in love with a fundie, married her and now operates a Messianic Jewish church here where I love. Love makes us do weird things, but I would never sell out my heritage for it.

Stacey said...

I mean to say "where I live" (not love)! :)

The Jewish Freak said...

Bacon Eater: Regarding your "invisible man in the sky" comment, I should clarify that my criticism of Mr. Brown is not religious, but cultural/familial. He is embracing the very same ideology that sought throughout history to exterminate or humiliate us, and to add insult to injury, he is spending his life working to entice the rest of us to join him down the road of self-loathing.

John Salmon said...

Yet you call a Jewish atheist (in your sidebar)a "fine Jew". How can this be? Isn't he turning his back on Jewish tradition as well? Surely you can't argue that such a person ISN'T doing so, even if you are more offended by those who convert to Christianity.

The Jewish Freak said...

JS: Good question.
I see Judaism as a proud heritage, not as a race or religion. The Jewish Athiest is proud of his heritage while being true to his beliefs, and does not insult his heritage by embracing an ideology that is responsible for the deaths of his ancestors. He is not interested in converting all Jews to his way of thinking, and he wishes for the Jewish people to continue as a distinct people. (I think)