Tuesday, June 13, 2006

We Are Not Going To Burn In Hell

A quote from the book "We Are Not Going To Burn In Hell" by S. J. Greenstein:

"At nine years old, I was playing with my neighbors in their back yard and their mother called me over and read to me the following passage from the book of Isaiah:

Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

(The word "virgin" is a deliberate christian mistranslation of the original Hebrew word "almah" which means young woman - JF)

She said that Immanuel was referring to jesus and that because my family and I did not believe in jesus, we were going to burn in Hell. Although this was my first such experience, it was certainly not my last. When my children were young and they were playing with their christian friends, it made me realize what a horrific thing this woman did to me. I would never have entertained the thought of telling any of these children that jesus was not God and that they and their families were going to burn in Hell for practicing idolatry."

10 comments:

Jim said...

Now see, the difference, the Jew don't even think of condemning others, it isn't the thing, but it is for some Christian, most of them.

As for the 'virgin', a man who is the real Indiana Jones, Vendyl Jones, a reclaimed Jew after being a Christian preacher in the US, wrote a book after much research, says that the 'virgin birth' story was added much later to the 'gospel', never was in there to begin with.

The Jewish Freak said...

Jim: Actually, the entire jesus story as told in the gospels are much later additions.

dbs said...

That is a nasty story. Yes, I don't think that a jewish mother would say that to a christian child. Nor would they let their kid play with that child, (not that I'm equating the behaviors.)

Stacey said...

This reminds me of a Lutheran man I briefly dated when I was in college.

He looked at me all sad and said he was falling in love with me and how awful that was since I was going to hell for not believing in Jesus.

It was after this that I decided to stick to Jews or atheists!

The Jewish Freak said...

DBS: I believe that you are correct. This is not a typical Jewish behavior. Jews anyhow are not nearly as hung up on the whole heaven and hell thing as christians are.

Stacy: I guess your Lutheran friend will be in heaven with all of his nazi believer friends while we will be in hell with their Jewish victims.

ADMITNOTHING said...

Check out www.toughjews.blogspot.com

Jack Steiner said...

That was a nasty move on her part.

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...

My apologies Jewish Freak, for removing this comment, I am having to learn my way around, Thanks.

Paul Alberts said...

You know christians are NOT nazis. Have you ever heard of German Lutheran minster Dietrich Bonhoeffer? He was in the German Resistance movement against Nazism, and later put to death by the Nazis.